Coming Out of Left Field

Thursday, October 16, 2003

Mea culpa

To whoever's watching, especially the Big Ump in the Sky: I take it back.

I hereby rescind every nasty comment, every mean-spirited thought I have directed at the Boston bullpen.

Alan Embree, Mike Timlin, Scott Williamson -- I watched you guys yesterday. It was truly beautiful work on your part, mowing down Yankee after Yankee, most of whom looked like they'd never seen a fastball before. To be honest, I kept my fingers crossed until the last out was recorded. But don't take it personally -- it's the Curse that made me do that, not you.

Thanks also to the good defense (nice work, Johnny, holding on to that fly ball even as you were falling on your rear) and to the offense. Unfortunately my SO and I tuned in just after the three-run rally in the seventh, but we did get to see Trot's homer (accompanied by screams of delight from us).

Hopefully all the ifs (the bats staying hot, Pedro staying cool) will fall into place for Game 7. Too bad the Cubs lost their Game 7; it would've been fitting for the Red Sox to face the team they beat in their last World Series win.

Technorati: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment