Coming Out of Left Field

Saturday, April 17, 2004

Have some haiku

Since it's National Poetry Month, some folks have been posting poems on the bulletin board at work. My favorite so far has been Cat Haiku:

You never feed me.
Perhaps I'll sleep on your face.
That will show you.

Grace personified
I leap into the window
I meant to do that

Wanna go outside.
Oh, no! Help! I got outside!
Let me back inside!


Since it's baseball season, I was wondering if anyone had penned any poems about the great game. Turns out that the Baseball Hall of Fame ran a haiku contest last year; among the winners was this gem by Kurt Blumenau:

Smallest Red Sox fans
With shirts too wide for shoulders,
named "ARCIAPARR."


Cat Haiku
Hall of Fame Haiku Contest Results

Technorati: , haiku, cats, baseball

Comments: Post a Comment