Coming Out of Left Field

Friday, April 23, 2004

Root, root, root for the home team ...

... especially if you have several of their players on your fantasy baseball team. *grin* Actually, I've been fairly restrained so far. Though I have Lowe and Nomar (yes, I'm loyal, I wouldn't go after A-Rod if you paid me) and just snagged Wakefield, I don't yet have an all-Sox infield. Nor have I dumped Pudge in favor of Tek, ousted Mike Cameron in favor of Manny, or tried to deal for Pedro, who though fragile in ego is still a darn fine pitcher. And speaking of pitching, Foulke's a heck of a closer. I wonder if --

Enough of that. Fantasy baseball is about stats, not teams. After all, I did OK with the Rocket and Riviera last year. If I could stomach a couple of Yanks, surely I can deal with a mostly non-Red Sox roster. Right?

Right. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to see if Schilling's up for grabs.

Technorati: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment