Coming Out of Left Field

Monday, May 17, 2004

Yay!!!

Just got back from Boston City Hall. The plaza wasn't as crowded as I might've thought, but then again it was lunch hour when I went, and I heard later that a lot of folks went this morning. The people who were there were in good spirits, waving banners and cheering each couple that emerged from the hall, paperwork in hand. (Pictures will be posted if, one, they turn out OK, and two, if I ever figure out how to hook up the darn scanner.)

Naturally, there were some protesters too. The majority stayed in a clump over by the T stop, but one guy with a hateful placard came into the crowd while I was there; though he might've snagged a few supporters, he mostly made himself look like a schmuck -- and a schmuck in the minority, at that.

Technorati: , LGBT, marriage equality, Massachusetts

Comments: Post a Comment