Coming Out of Left Field

Monday, September 27, 2004

Just when I thought that I was out ...

As the Red Sox play their final games, I'm promising myself one thing.

I will not get too excited. I will not get sucked in.

Wor --

No no no, none of that. Let's not get ahead of ourselves. The Sox haven't even clinched the wild card yet. They've collapsed before, they could do it again.

World --

Sssssh! What are you trying to do, jinx them? That's the last thing they need. Every other time they've been pressured, they choke. Remember '86? You still hurt from that, and you weren't even there at the time. As for last year, Aaron Boone's still a household swear word.

World Ser --

No. I won't. I will not. It's not worth the pain, the aggravation, the heartbreak, just to see yet another defeat snatched from the jaws of victory. Nope, enough is enough.

...

...


Oh, what the hell. You just can't keep a Sox fan down.

World Series, here we come!

Update, 9/28: the Sox clinched at least a wild-card spot last night by beating the Devil Rays. Maybe this will be the year after all. :)

Technorati: , ,

Comments:
Have you seen 50 First Dates? There's a good reference to the Red Sox and the World Series at one point.
 

Oh, no, I haven't. I might have to now. :)
 

Post a Comment