Coming Out of Left Field

Monday, February 28, 2005

Labyrinthine event

On Saturday some friends, my wife and I checked out the aMAZEing! art exhibition at BC, curated by grad student ">Steve Gordon. Thanks to all the interactive items (that afternoon was billed as a family event, so there were lots of hands-on activities), it was a fun way to spend a couple of hours. Both the wife and I particularly enjoyed the wooden mazes that instructed you to put your finger on the starting point, close your eyes, and follow the groove to the end. She said that if she ever wanted to meditate, that's how she would choose to do it. The maze artwork was incredibly intricate and also entertaining to play with, though it's harder to trace your path when you can't use a pencil. I have the same thought about maze construction as I do about crossword construction: I wouldn't even know where to begin, and I'm glad someone else does!

Technorati:

Comments: Post a Comment