Coming Out of Left Field

Saturday, April 30, 2005

Baseball blather

My EA Baseball fantasy team just lost another guy to the disabled list, pitcher Ben Sheets, who supposedly has a viral infection. Sheets himself said he isn't sick, he just has some "cobwebs". This is the first time I've ever heard that particular medical term -- learn something new everyday, I guess.

I moved Sheets to the DL and picked up Jose Mesa. Normally I wouldn't keep three relievers, but Mesa has been really sharp for the Pirates, and he might help me catch up in the saves, ERA and WHIP categories. I also shuffled some of the hitters around, though having only one multiple-position player limits my options.

What's even more depressing is that I'm ahead of only one other team, which happens to be composed of all Sox or recent ex-Sox players. I wouldn't mind my fantasy team finishing last if it meant the Sox could avoid debacles like last night's 7-2 loss. The wife and I were listening to the game on the radio and cheered when they went ahead, then moaned and (in my case) swore when the wheels started coming off. Well, at least they're ahead of the Yankees -- though since Boston's third in the division and New York is fourth, that's not saying very much, is it?

Technorati: , , ,

Comments: Post a Comment