Coming Out of Left Field

Saturday, May 14, 2005

8 o'clock, and all's well

I am feeling rather pampered at the moment thanks to my adorable wife, who has been showering me with gifts and attention the last two days. Last night she gave me two presents:

-- a T-shirt reading "Red Sox Girl" and, underneath it, "Enough Said"
-- "A Tale of Two Cities" (not the Dickens classic, but the more recent book about the Red Sox-Yankees rivalry)

She also treated me to dinner at Aquitaine Bis in Chestnut Hill (pricy but good), and to "Fever Pitch", the first time in a while we've actually seen a film in the theater, let alone during its first theatrical run. It's a good romantic comedy for Red Sox fans, and even non-baseball Bostonians will enjoy the local shots. My wife said it made her feel like she was watching a home movie. We agreed that it wasn't necessarily a movie for kids; although the Farrelly brothers were pretty restrained for them, they still put in some unnecessary gross-out humor. One thing for sure: it had one of the best movie endings as far as this Sox fan is concerned.

This morning I got another present, Terry Pratchett's Soul Music, and this afternoon we met up with some friends for ice cream. Plus, earlier this week, friend and fellow blogger Psychovant sent me a nice gift certificate to Amazon.com. All in all, not a bad way to turn a year older. :)

P.S. The only down-note yesterday was that we watched a little of last night's Sox-Mariners game, which ended up being a 14-7 disaster. Sometimes I do prefer reel life to real life.

Technorati:

Comments:
Sox-Mariners game, which ended up being a 14-7 disaster. Sometimes I do prefer reel life to real life.

Disaster? No comprende? :P
 

What about debacle? :P
 

Post a Comment