Coming Out of Left Field

Friday, May 13, 2005

Damn the DL!

It's a good thing I picked up Chone Figgins the other day for my EA baseball squad. When I checked in today, I found out the Cards put Scott Rolen on the disabled list, leaving a hole at third. Plus, for some reason I'd set up the league to allow only one DL spot per team, which for me was already occupied by Ben Shields. *shakes head at herself*

To shore up the roster, I dropped Shields, moved Rolen to the DL, put Melvin Mora at third, and put Figgins in the utility spot. I used the extra spot for J. Phillips (catcher/first base), which now means that for once in my life I have a backup at every fielding position. I'll have some hard decisions to make once Rolen comes back to reclaim his spot, but I'll jump off that bridge when I get to it.

Technorati: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment