Coming Out of Left Field

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Island library

Yep, it's one of those "what books would you want with you on a desert island" posts. I don't think I've ever sat down and figured it out before, and I really don't expect to refer to this list anytime soon (we are not house-hunting anywhere near huge bodies of water). But just in case Caribbean real estate prices suddenly become much more attractive, here goes:

For entertainment
The Oxford English Dictionary, so I would never get stuck on a word
William Shakespeare: The Complete Works, because his plays are classics
Almost any one of Dorothy Dunnett's books, because they're so richly detailed and well-written
Harry Potter and The Goblet of Fire, so I could actually finish reading it

For survival
Shelters, Shacks & Shanties and How to Build Them
Backcountry First Aid and Extended Care
Finding Your Way Without Map or Compass
SAS Survival Handbook: How to Survive in the Wild, in any Climate, on Land or at Sea
Basic Essentials Cooking in the Outdoors

And for when I finish reading all these books and feel like a change of scenery
How to Build a Wooden Boat

Technorati:

Comments: Post a Comment