Coming Out of Left Field

Friday, July 01, 2005

Oh, &!#*

I knew the Supreme Court would probably have a spot open at some point, but I didn't expect this:

O'Connor to resign from Supreme Court

I don't know about anyone else, but this makes me extremely nervous. Bet the far right is salivating at the chance to install a justice who'll sway their way on cases involving abortion, same-sex marriage, and other "hot-button" issues.

Update: some petitions related to O'Connor's announcement:

Moveon.org: Protect our rights

Democracy for America: No rubber stamps

NARAL: Don't let anti-choice extremists win the fight for the Supreme Court

DSCC: We can make Bush listen

Human Rights Campaign: Join HRC's Team Supreme

Technorati: ,

Comments:
I wonder whether the right-wing dissent over Alberto Gonzalez is by design, to get those on the left to feel comfortable with confirming him.
Chris - www.deadissue.com
 

Post a Comment