Coming Out of Left Field

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Baseball quote of the day

"Who told me baseball was easy?"

Houston Astros owner Drayton McLane, speaking after yesterday's 7-5 loss to the White Sox in Game 3 of the World Series. The game went 14 innings and lasted 5 hours and 41 minutes, a Series record. It also broke Series records for number of total players used (43), number of total pitchers used (17), number of pitchers used by one team (9), and number of total runners left on base (30).

Technorati: ,

Comments:
I can't believe that that game lasted so long. I was up until very late, figuring the Sox would blow it.

I'm a Sox fan, as my cousin played 1st base with them in 1964-1967.

Aloha,

Jeff
 

I can't believe it either, though I remember some long games last year too. In a way I'm glad the Red Sox aren't in it this time -- I really need my sleep! Pretty cool about your cousin, by the way. :)
 

Post a Comment