Coming Out of Left Field

Friday, November 04, 2005

Fantasy foolishness

Being in two fantasy baseball leagues meant a lot of attention during the regular season, and a big void when it ended -- a void that isn't filled by fantasy football, since the Easily Addictive league is a pick'em, not a daily rotisserie game.

So in my Sox-fueled depression, I committed an act of insanity. I signed up for, of all things, a fantasy NBA league. Hockey, I would've understood -- even though I was ticked off at the lockout, I follow the sport a little. But basketball? A sport I rarely read about, let alone watch? (I did play for a few seconds in high school, but given my lack of height or talent it wasn't going to go any farther than that.)

Oh, well, it should be entertaining at least. And since I'm currently last in the football pick'em, I can't do any worse with basketball. After all, I don't have to rely on my own predictions to score any points -- I've got Iverson, Hamilton, et. al to do that for me.

Technorati: , ,

Comments: Post a Comment