Coming Out of Left Field

Monday, February 06, 2006

That's a wrap

I'm going to go down to school today and do something I should've done before the semester started -- formally leave the film production program.

I didn't decide this just because my instructor didn't show up last week, but I think his cancelling class was the last straw. The other things my wife and I are trying to do are taking a lot of time and energy and money. To be doing school on part of that -- something that takes even more time, energy and money, and adds lots of unnecessary aggravation in the form of antiquated equipment, very restricted use to such equipment, and classmates who think nothing of wasting hours of your time on overcomplicated projects, but begrudge any time spent for your shoots?

No. I don't think so.

I'm a bit sad about what I've decided, but I'm mostly relieved. Now I can concentrate on starting a family, finding a new job, and cleaning house to make room for a little one (or ones). And I'm still going to become an editor some day, by hook or by crook. Hopefully the "learning by doing" path will get me there a bit faster.

Technorati:

Comments: Post a Comment