Coming Out of Left Field

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Taxing Tuesday

The wife and I spent the morning today at H&R Block getting our taxes done. It really shouldn't have been tiring, since all we needed to do was sit, answer a few questions, and write a couple of checks. But it was stressful and time-consuming, especially with the computers running slow and the married-in-state vs. single-federally stuff to figure out. It'll probably take even longer next year, since I'm going to start tracking expenses for my freelance work, which will mean saving receipts and estimating percentage of office vs. personal use and other not-so-fun things. But after seeing just how much difference my self-employment tax made, I'll gladly trade a little pain now for less pain later.

Technorati:

Comments: Post a Comment