Coming Out of Left Field

Monday, April 03, 2006

The West Wing: "Election Day" (Part 1)

This one could've been called "The Waiting Game", since that's all most of the characters can do. Wait and, er, figure out ways to pass the time. ;) I hope that in the case of one couple it was more than campaign sex. Now I wish I'd seen the episode that flash-forwarded to the opening of Bartlet's presidential library, though knowing how smart the writers are they probably didn't give anything away about that particular plot.

As for this episode, it was pretty good. Its job was to keep us in suspense, and it did. I was a little surprised that we didn't see more of the candidates, especially Vinick, since he was out and about in California. I also would've liked to have seen more of Bartlet doing some campaigning on Santos' behalf -- not just this episode, but earlier in the season. But with the Central Asia conflict and the nuclear power plant to deal with, he's been busy, and there's a slight chance that he's upset over Bingo Bob not getting the nomination. (OK, make that a very slight chance.)

Other notes:
-- Yay, Charlie's back! I was wondering where he'd been.
-- No follow-up on Toby's situation. I guess we're to assume the DA didn't follow through on his threat.
-- Now Leo's really gone. :(

Technorati: ,

Comments: Post a Comment