Coming Out of Left Field

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Life is what happens ...

... while all your plans go out the window!

OK, I'm exaggerating a bit. But it's true that this holiday weekend hasn't gone quite how we thought. Our plan for these last couple of days went as follows:

-- Go to the clinic Friday morning for an ultrasound.
-- Go to work.
-- Call in to get messages, and find that we're not quite ready for another Project Baby attempt, and that we shouldn't come back until Tuesday.
-- Drive up to Ogunquit Friday night for a relaxed weekend being pampered at our favorite B&B.

Here's what really happened:

-- Went to clinic.
-- Went to work.
-- Called in, and found out we're wanted back at the clinic before 10 a.m. on Saturday and Sunday.
-- Swore (under my breath, since I'm at work).
-- Called the B&B to let the owner know that we won't be coming in unil Saturday.
-- Went back home Friday and do the trigger shot.

-- Got up early and drove to clinic.
-- Did first attempt.
-- Drove to Ogunquit.
-- Ate wonderful late brunch prepared by the B&B owner, who also says he'll make us an early breakfast the next morning. (isn't he sweet?)
-- Took nap.
-- Took short walk on beach.
-- Ate early dinner, and chilled out in our room, watching TV and checking e-mail.
-- Set alarm for 6:45 a.m., and went to sleep.

-- Woke up and noticed the time was 7:17 a.m.
-- Swore loudly.
-- Threw on clothes and ate a quick but scrumptious breakfast (fresh fruit, scrambled eggs with mushrooms and cheese, potatoes).
-- Drove down to Boston, arriving only a few minutes late for the appointment.
-- Did second attempt.
-- Went to our house and lay down for a nap.
-- Grabbed lunch and headed back north.

After that, things got a little easier. This afternoon we took a longer walk from Footbridge Beach to the main part of town. On the way, we saw something I never expected to see on the beach -- two horses with their riders. They were walking right next to the water instead of galloping, although as they reached the end and turned around they started trotting.

An ice cream sundae and some shopping later, we were ready to head home, so we caught the trolley back to the B&B. Unfortunately we didn't think to check our cell phone messages, so it wasn't until later that we learned our buddies Rogue Slayer and The Girl were in town too and could've met us for dinner. Shoot. Maybe we can make it up by helping them pack for their new place!


Comments: Post a Comment