Coming Out of Left Field

Thursday, November 09, 2006

A good week for democracy

It's been a very exciting few days ... the Democrats took back control of Congress, Deval Patrick won the Mass. governor's race in a landslide, and the state legislature effectively killed the anti-marriage equality ballot measure. It's all enough to restore my faith in democracy.

I'm particularly thrilled about the ballot measure, as too much time and money has been wasted on something that would take away people's rights. I know some antigay activists will now complain that the will of the people wasn't heard. Which seems funny to me, because as far as I know the will of the people shouldn't rely on fraudulent signature-collecting methods and out-of-state protestors. But what do I know? I just live here.

Technorati:

Comments: Post a Comment