Coming Out of Left Field

Monday, March 05, 2007

One for the "kids say the darndest things" department

This happened to my wife, not me, but it's too funny not to share:

The other day, one of the classrooms at my wife's school was celebrating "Fenway Park Day." A number of the children were wearing Red Sox apparel, and one little boy was sporting a shirt from spring training, which prompted the following conversation:

Wife: "I want to go to spring training."
Boy: "You can't."
Wife (a little taken aback): "Why not?"
Boy: "You have to be 4!"

Pause, while my wife tries very, very hard not to crack up.

Wife: "Oh. Well, when I'm 4, can I go with you?"
Boy (exasperated at how silly the teacher is being): "No! You have to go with a grown-up!"

Usually when my wife asks kids how old they think she is, the guesses start at 12 and up, so this was definitely a first.

Technorati: funny

Comments:
thats a funny story...and GO BoSoX
 

Post a Comment