Coming Out of Left Field

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Bits and pieces from the wedding weekend

-- The wife and I were picked up at the airport by a friend of my parents. Later on she told me that even though she hadn't seen me since high school, she had no problem recognizing me. "You look exactly the same," she said.

Just as I was thinking that she looked the same too, she added,"But you're too young to have white hair!"

-- The wedding was outside in a very nice little estate. Well, it was meant to be outside; the morning after we arrived, it rained for the first time in a month, and didn't clear up for good until we left. The New England weather jinx strikes again.

-- One-year-olds are very entertaining, even if a certain brother regards them as alien life-forms.

-- Most surprising thing, hands-down: seeing lots of Chinese and Taiwanese people my parents' age doing the electric slide.

Comments:
To wildly misquote Arthur C. Clarke, any sufficiently incomprehensible thought process is indistinguishable from that of an extraterrestrial. :p
 

Post a Comment